Man lacking in waters close to Miami Seashore. His boat has been discovered

The Coast Guard released a photo of the 32-foot speedboat found near the Julia Tuttle Causeway on Tuesday evening, November 9, 2021.  The 36-year-old man who drove the boat was reported missing.

The Coast Guard released a photo of the 32-foot speedboat found near the Julia Tuttle Causeway on Tuesday evening, November 9, 2021. The 36-year-old man who drove the boat was reported missing.

A missing boat driver is searched for in the waters between downtown Miami and Miami Beach.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials said they responded to an incident involving boats near the Julia Tuttle Causeway, which connects Miami with Miami Beach, around 11 p.m. Tuesday.

The U.S. Coast Guard said Reynier Moreno, 36, test-driven a 32-foot speedboat near the Pelican Harbor Marina near the 79th Street Causeway before it went missing.

FWC spokesman Ronald Washington said the crews found the boat Reynier was driving but no one was on board. Rescue workers in two boats and a flight unit search the waters of Biscayne Bay around the dam for him.

Reynier Moren_fitted.jpeg Reynier Moreno US Coast Guard

Other information was not immediately available.

The Coast Guard urges anyone with information to call the Miami Sector at 305-535-4472.

This article will be updated.

This story was originally published November 10, 2021 8:35 AM.

It never gets boring in Florida – and Michelle reports as a Real Time / Breaking News reporter for the Miami Herald. She graduated with honors from Florida International University, where she was editor-in-chief of Student Media PantherNOW. She previously worked as a news writer at WSVN Channel 7 and was a 2020-2021 Poynter-Koch Media & Journalism Fellow.

Comments are closed.