Man accused of throwing bricks into Miami Seaside residence whereas arresting 2 younger kids – NBC 6 South Florida

A man was arrested Saturday after police threw a brick through a window of a house in Miami Beach on Thursday. The brick landed a few feet from where a 4-year-old and a toddler slept.

The suspect, William Watson, 30, is now charged with criminal mischief and fatal rocket launcher.

William Watson

According to police, Watson was seen on CCTV walking south when he suddenly stopped and threw a small cobblestone through a window. After a leaflet was posted across the department, an officer identified Watson from previous encounters and the likely reason for his arrest was established, police said.

The scene was also captured with a baby cam in the nursery. The children were not injured.

“I rushed in and saw there was glass and I pulled her out of bed,” a man NBC 6 only identified, as Zachary said Friday.

Less than 24 hours later, Miami Beach Police arrested Watson, the news Zachary had been waiting for.

“Pretty scary at first, but then I got really mad and we really hoped they could catch this guy,” Zachary said on Saturday.

He plans to fix the window and says that he is grateful that his family is safe, after an attack he can no longer take care of it.

“We’ve never really seen this person before, so we don’t know why.”

Comments are closed.