Miami Seaside is extending COVID-19 emergency response till July 1st

Miami Beach originally declared a state of emergency on March 12th.

Miami Beach City Manager Jimmy Morales extends the city’s immediate measures until July 1, as the novel coronavirus continues to spread in the region.

“COVID-19 is still very active in Miami-Dade County,” said a press release from the city on Thursday. “Businesses must adhere to mandatory reopening guidelines issued by both the City of Miami Beach and Miami-Dade County.”

These restrictions include social distancing mandates that require people to stay 6 feet away from others.

Miami Beach has started opening some businesses such as restaurants and retail stores in the past few weeks. Beaches have too open.

Earlier this monthhowever Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber said he would not push any additional reopening measures due to the recent surge in cases. The city has not yet begun to retreat to areas of the city that have reopened.

Miami Beach was originally declared a state of emergency on March 12th. The city has been one of the most cautious cities in South Florida when it comes to COVID-19 security measures.

City officials pursued the state of emergency with an order to stay home on March 23rd. In the next two weeks, Miami Beach will begin implementation strict security measures for customers and employees at essential companies.

Have coronavirus cases increased across the state in recent weeks. The same applies in particular in South Florida.

Miami-Dade was part of that worrying trend.

From June 11 to June 17, Miami-Dade added an average of 420 cases per day for an overall positivity rate of 8.7% during that time.

For the next week, June 18-24, the county had an average of 716 new cases per day with a positivity rate of 14.6%.


Post Views:
67

Comments are closed.